Design & Art Australia Online is a research site, made up of a respectful community of researchers interested in the history and development of Australian art and design. It is not to be used for personal or commercial promotion.
Before submitting data to Design & Art Australia Online, please read the Contributor Guidelines.
Criteria for inclusion
For your entry to be included in the Design & Art Australia Online it needs to fulfill the following criteria.
Biographies need to focus on:
● history not criticism
● authoritative content not reviews
● information not opinion
● research, rather than promotion
● be written in plain English prose. A pasted C.V. does not meet Design & Art Australia Online’s Contributor Guidelines.
● Respect for original research
● Summary of a creator’s life
How to write biography prose
Each person and group record on Design & Art Australia Online includes a biographical prose field. Ideally a biographical prose text should provide a brief overview of a subject’s creative role, training and professional history and, where appropriate, facts about family and personal history.
Only academic researchers can request this service and it is subject to very stringent conditions. Biographies submitted for peer-review (and only those submitted for peer-review) have a minimum recommended length of 2500 words. Once peer-reviewed, the biographical text in these entries cannot be edited.
1. Work submitted for peer review must be original research (i.e. not a reworking of others’ previously published work on the artist) and make a substantial contribution to knowledge of that artist.
2. All sources referred to must be clearly identified so the referee can access them.
3. Follows the current DAAO guidelines for publications .
1. If you believe your work warrants academic peer-reviewing please contact DAAO staff. The biography will then be submitted to one the Editors-in-chief in a format that does not identify the author. The Editors-in-chief will manage the refereeing process.
2. The biography will then be forwarded to 2 board members or appropriate experts in the field.
3. The time frame for review is subject to reviewer availability.