Well known as a sculptor, Meadmore began his career as a designer. His furniture was sold at Marion Hall Best’s showrooms and his lighting design shown at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics Arts Festival alongside the work of designers such as Grant Featherston. Meadmore ran Max Hutchinson's Gallery A, Melbourne, in the late 1950s. In 1963 he moved to New York, where he concentrated primarily on his work as a sculptor.
Automatic relation to Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, NSW created because 91/1326 Chair, 'Michael Hirst' Chair, plastic-coated steel, designed by Clement Meadmore (1959), made by Michael Hirst Pty Ltd, Melbourne, 1959-1965 was related to the same collection. -
Automatic relation to Historic Houses Trust of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW created because Dining alcove designed by Marion Best for Peter Playfair's flat in Elizabeth Bay, Sydney / photographed by Antonia Blaxland was related to the same collection. -